Free Marketing Tips
Twitter Marketing Tips
- Use Twitter to listen for information pertaining to your industry and stay on top of your industries latest buzz.
- Show off your skills and knowledge by replying to questions posted by others to start building authority within your niche industry.
- Use twitter to run contest, make announcements, and spread important news about your business. Inside our Members Area you’ll learn exactly how to market with Twitter.
- Compelling titles like “Enter to Win”, “Check out this Hilarious Video”, “Limited Number Giveaway”, etc should be used to capture viewers attention.
- Provide a compelling reason to follow you on Twitter. Examples; Follow us now for free “something you can provide”. Follow us on Twitter to learn the secrets of “whatever it is that you do”.
- If you want people to share or re-tweet your message, simply ask. You would be surprised how many followers will re-tweet your message for you.
Twitter has over 500 million users and has seen spikes of 8,000 plus tweets per second. Imagine having a couple hundred followers that all re-tweet your well crafted message. Aligning your business correctly with this smash hit micro blogging service can quickly take you viral within your industry.
FaceBook Marketing Tips
- Why Facebook? For starters, your competition has most likely already created a business page and started to build an audience.
- Creating your free Facebook business page not only enables potential customers to find you on Facebook, but your business page will be indexed by Google and show up in search results. We can teach you how to best optimize your page for Google in our members area.
- Befriending the right people and affiliated businesses is important. If you sell “doors”, it’s clearly a good idea to make friends with contractors and affiliated businesses that buy, use, or resell “doors”.
- Regardless if for personal or business reasons, if your customers are on Facebook don’t you thinks it’s a good idea to have your business on Facebook? Most people use Facebook for fun. So make your business fun! Run contest, take polls, ask questions. People love to share their opinions and or have the opportunity to win something.
Facebook is currently sitting in the number 1 spot as top social network. This extremely popular site should not be overlooked! If nothing else, you need to reserve your business or appropriate entity page for branding purposes. Pending your business model, a well strategized Facebook marketing plan can work wonders for generating new prospects and business.
YouTube Marketing Tips
- A picture says a thousand words, but a video can educate, entertain, ask questions, or direct people to take actions much better than text or a simple image. Ask yourself the purpose of each video and make sure to stay focused on that purpose.
- Use relevant keywords in your title. Most important, your title should naturally have a phrase with the associated keywords your prospective viewers would search for. If we know people are looking for “affordable tax services” then use a title like “The most affordable tax services”.
- Use a lengthy description and has all the relevant keywords and phrases within the description. The description and title should sound natural, but make sure to include the relevant keywords whenever possible. Many people (when applicable) will transcribe their videos. We frequently do this for our clients depending on the types of video we are creating.
- Interlink your videos. YouTube allows you to link to other videos on YouTube. Once you’ve created related videos you should provide that call to action link towards the end of each clip, linking to another of your relevant videos “click here for another great ….. video”.
- Use the power of video responses. We highly suggest you create relationships with relevant content creators (not competitors) but those with somewhat relevant content that have a large following on YouTube. Once you’ve built and nourished these relationships (and you know they allow you to comment on their videos) respond to one of their well viewed and highly visible videos with one of your own. You can only do this one time per video, so make it count! So when you see a video that’s received 10′s of thousands to millions of views and you post a response with your video, you’ll end up driving some traffic to your video and YouTube channel.
YouTube is hands down the number 1 video sharing site. YouTube is second only to Google in the amount of daily searches that are performed. Every second there is at least 1 hour of new video uploaded to YouTube! Yes, that is a staggering decade of video uploaded every day. We consider YouTube a must use platform for almost every marketing campaign. In todays highly competitive markets, utilizing video marketing tools websites like YouTube is essential for success.
LinkedIn Marketing Tips
- Utilize the power of LinkedIn’s groups to engage potential clients by injecting yourself into group conversations. Answer questions that have been posted. Doing this shows off your expertise and willingness to help. This will generate interest in you and your business.
- As mentioned above, your LinkedIn profile will be indexed in search engines like Google. This is another great way to be found on the web. In our membership area we show you exactly how to optimize your LinkedIn profile for maximum results.
- Use recommendations to both strengthen your business relationships and build credibility.
- Competitive Research. You can use LinkedIn to see what your competition is up to.
- Find others you know and add them. Increase your business connections for better exposure.
- Make sure you’ve completely filled out your entire profile. This profile is an opportunity to sell your product or services. If you put yourself in your potential client’s shoes, does it add value to your business or brand name? Anything you can brag about should be shared on LinkedIn. Make sure to add all associated website and business website links on your profile.
- LinkedIn provides advanced applications and social site integration abilities. Make sure to take advantage of these features! – inside we provide you a video walk through with step by step integration of the top social media sites.
- Make sure to set your “vanity” url. This will show www.linkedin.com/in/”you company name here”
LinkedIn has been commonly referred to as the professionals social network. The profiles of this site index well with search engines and provide you an additional way of being found online. LinkedIn has over 161 million users. While this may not seem as large as Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn is known for having more professional business profiles vs random or personal type profiles.
Pinterest Marketing Tips
- Watermark your images to further promote your brand.
- Use creative titles and always use relevant keywords in title and description.
- Check other businesses boards and see what’s getting re-pinned. See what’s working for your competitors.
- Create a cover for your ebook, white paper, how to guide, or online product or service you wish to promote. You can then Pin the creative graphic which will get re-pinned, thus creating multiple shared links back to your product or service offering.
- Do your pins provide the viewers clear direction? Make sure your business related pins include a clean, professional, non gimmicky call to action.
- This goes for most social media profiles – set your business name in your profile url. Example: www.pinterest.com/YourCompanyName
Pinterest provides individuals the ability to upload or pin their favorite images from just about any website. The bonus is, your pinned images will link back to your website if that’s where it was originally pinned from. Correctly positioning your businesses products or services with this fast growing popular site can create a ton of traffic or visitors to your business site. Become a Viral Shot member and learn step by step how to market with Pinterest and other top social websites.
Google Plus Marketing Tips
- Invite customers to hang out sessions. One example, you could invite your customers to a product or service pre-launch and ask how, your new product or service could benefit their business. Gain valuable feedback.
- After you’ve established relationships and created your circles, it’s time to generate conversation. Don’t be that person in the room that just sits there thinking “what should I say”. Setup some free Google Alerts that pertain to your industry. Daily you’ll get an email with hot topics directly related to your industry. Ask what people think using your Google Plus account. Make comments and statements regarding news. Share links with the latest and greatest things that may interest the people in your circles.
- Use “Sparks” in Google plus for generating new ideas and showing additional relevant content you wish to discuss. This is different than Google Alerts and there are specific and different uses for both (more extensive information about both inside members area).
Google Plus has over 90 million users and growing strong. While this large social network isn’t yet a Titan like Facebook or Twitter, it has additional benefits. Google plus profiles, as expected integrate well with your various Google accounts. Just like a popular blog, post quality and frequent content and you’ll reap the rewards of being frequently indexed by Google.
StumbleUpon Marketing Tips
- You can drive mass traffic to your website using this tool. Tip 1 is to make sure to fill out your profile. This is something you should do for all your social media sites as well. Visitors should clearly see what it is you do and how you can benefit them.
- Connect your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google accounts with StumbleUpon. A tightly integrated social media strategy is something we teach inside our members area and part of the social media marketing plan we provide.
StumbleUpon is a great way to share your interest and quickly spread across multiple social media sites. This site is becoming increasingly popular with over 25 million members and growing significantly each month.
Picasa Marketing Tips
- Picasa web albums allows you to easily embed your images into various sites where you may run marketing campaigns or ads. You can easily embed your Picasa web album images on sites like Craigslist, blog posts, etc or easily share links to your images, or simply email right from your Picasa web album account.
- Make sure to share your album with the public for maximum visibility.
- Always add descriptive titles, descriptions, and tags to your images and media.
Picasa allows you to store, edit, and preserve your original photos and videos online, then easily organize them into web albums. Like most of the Google products this is free.
CraigsList Marketing Tips
- Quality titles that capture the craigslist visitors attention. If they don’t click your add, you don’t have a chance.
- What’s the first thing people will see when visiting your Craiglist ad? It better be what they’re looking for. Make sure to have a good looking image that represents what your trying to sell or market.
- Just like any advertisement, there should be a clear call to action “click here for more details”, “learn how to…”, “Get your free …. now”, etc.
- Craigslist visitors find your ad usually by searching for a specific product or service. If you’re selling an iPad, then you better be using the keyword iPad in your title and throughout the description of your ad.
- Track your Craigslist ads. There are a few ways to track your ads, we’ll show you the ultimate way to track your ads inside our members area. Know exactly how many people are visiting your Craiglist Ads. This way you can test what works and what doesn’t.
- Persistance is important. Test ads, when you find one or two that draw attention and send visitors to your website setup a schedule to repost the same ad(s).
- There are many people that make a great living simply using Craigslist! While Craigslist Ads may not fit every business model, we’ll show you more ways how Craigslist can benefit your business inside.
[list_items]Always post in the most relevant categories to your business offering. You will still get “flagged” by competitors or those with nothing better to do, but don’t get discouraged. I’ve seen clients post quality ads that stay up for weeks and others that are “flagged for removal” within a minute of posting. Modify your ad (Title and Description components) and repost.
- Don’t over do it. After carefully choosing a category, monitor the traffic you receive from your ad (based on a previous tip we’ve shared). Don’t start posting a bunch of ads, that will get both your Craigslist account and IP address “banned”.
Craigslist has proven to be an excellent resource for generating new customers and selling products or services. While you may not wish to position your business with Craiglist, there are professional ways to use this free services to promote your small business. This is one of many tools we utilize in the Online Marketing Plan we provide to members. You’re guaranteed to get the word out about your business when you follow the plan.
Search Engine Optimization Tips
- Always use unique content. Never duplicate or copy any text, images, or media. There are multiple reasons you want to create your own unique content. The top reason for SEO or Search Engine Optimization purposes is for index-ability. Well written unique content should be used in all your online efforts (in your ads, blog, web pages, social media sites, and everywhere else)
- From webpages, images, videos, to pdf files. Always set the metadata on all your uploaded documents, media and pages. Inside our members area we show you tools and examples for doing this and tips for how to rank your online content better.
- What inbound links currently point to your website? Our detailed marketing plan inside shows you how to build a strong social presence, create buzz and word of mouth marketing, increase your inbound links, and properly format your overall online business structure for success. We show you how to do it for next to nothing, and also provide you links to tools and services that will significantly boost your efforts.
- Most social media profiles allow you to input your website, always list your website url and always use a key word relevant descriptions and completely fill in your profiles. Any webpage, blog post, discussion board, social profile, press release, and any other online document that links back to your website should be as keyword and industry relevant as possible!
- Whenever possible partner, position, or somehow affiliate yourself with Government, Education, and other websites of authority relating to your industry or niche. When popular and high ranking websites link to your website this dramatically increases your page rank and site credibility.
- Fast load time is crucial. Make sure your website and it’s pages are well optimized and load quickly. Keep image file sizes small and when possible minimize the amount of code used per page.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization place a crucial role in every aspect of your online marketing efforts. When your content (text, images, video, online documents) is optimized to target those seeking your products and services you dramatically increase your marketing results. From image creation, to blog posts, to a social media profile page, you should always optimize your content to maximize your efforts. Inside our members area we provide you updated SEO tips, methods, and ranking factors for all your content plus video links to SEO Experts who show you how to best optimize your online content.